* Nike filed a trademark infringement lawsuit over Lil Nas X’s so-called “Satan Shoes” which include a drop of human blood and other Satanic imagery. Guess the old town road went straight to hell, and hope they hired the “Devil’s advocate”… [Forbes]
* The trial in a class action against 3M, on behalf of servicepeople who allegedly suffered hearing loss from faulty ear plugs, is underway. [Military.com]
* Seattle is taking steps to ensure that everyone facing eviction has the benefit of a lawyer. [Seattle Times]
* A Florida lawyer faces possible disbarment for allegedly taking money from clients and ghosting them. [Click Orlando]
* A woman representing herself pro se was able to discharge tens of thousands of dollars of student loans in bankruptcy. Maybe she would have gotten more debt discharged if she went to law school… [Yahoo News]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at email@example.com.